Churches and chapels of Castelbello - Ciardes
Churches and chapels in the holiday area of Castelbello - Ciardes
A settlement probably already existed in the region of Tschars in the 8th cent., located on the border between the Frankish Raetia Curiensis in the west and the Lombard sphere of influence in the east. For over 300 years the "white monks" served as priests in Tschars, before they had to give up in 1578, due to a lack of new members. The church in Marein became a subordinate church in 1749 and an independent parish church in 1953. The political community of Castelbello - Ciardes has existed since 1928.