In 1220, the Church of San Giovanni/ St. Johann in Taufers was built as a Romanesque church in the shape of a cross. The fully frescoed groined vault depicts its Byzantine influence. It is worth seeing the Late Romanesque frescoes.
The church S. Johann in Tubre/Taufers is open every day from June to October.
Follow the sign-posting Tubre in Val Monastero/Taufers im Münstertal. The church is at the village entrance on the right side. A parking place is in on the left side.