is best known for its Romanesque bell tower
that emerges from Lake Resia
and passersby are understandably curious about its history. This
steeple, dating back to 1355, indicates that there once was a village
down below. The last inhabitants of old Curon were forcibly ejected in
1950 just a few days before water poured in to fill the Resia artificial
lake reservoir and the new Curon was relocated on the shore of the
large Lake Resia. The old cluster of farmhouses was replaced by a new
village, scattered along the shores of the lake, which in recent years
has become a center for winter tourism.
The local museum
is particularly notable, with guided tours
in summer, including the Gothic Church of St. Anna
. From the hill where
the church is located, there is a fantastic view over the lake in all
its different aspects.