The castle dating to the 12th or 13th century, had already been the seat of the court and territorial sovereignty of the prince. Today, only the mighty round castle keep towers out from the ruins of the once residential building. According to legend, one carried off the building stone blocks of the castle and after the pillaging, used them to rebuild the parish church in 1799. The round tower has a height of 33.5 meters. A wooden staircase inside with 164 steps takes one to the viewing platform.