The church and the Capuchin monastery in Silandro/Schlanders date back to 1644. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist and, on the main altar, there is a 17th century image portraying Christ's baptism. Capuchin fathers lived in the monastery until May 2018, since June 2018 missionaries of St. Francis de Sales manage the monastery.The church is open all year. Worship Sun 8 am, on workdays 9 am
From Reschen or Meran to Schlanders - Kapuzinerstraße.
The car can be parked at the Kapuziner parking place.
By the Venosta train to Schlanders.For more information on the timetables, see www.sii.bz.it