The Church of St. Martin was, during the High Medieval period, the main church in the Central Venosta Valley. Legend has it that its area of jurisdiction extended from Prato allo Stelvio/Prad am Stilfserjoch past Ciardes/Tschars all the way to Vent, in the Ötztal Alps. In 1212, the church was handed over to the Teutonic Order. Of particular interest are a 15th Century polyptych, the baroque main altar and a swivelling eighteenth-century tabernacle.
From Reschen or Meran to Göflan (Schlanders).
The car can be parked near the church.
By the Venosta train to Schlanders, than on foot or by the Citybus to Göflan.For more information on the timetables, see www.sii.bz.it