In 1220, the Church of San Giovanni/ St. Johann in Taufers was built as a Romanesque church in the shape of a cross. The fully frescoed groined vault depicts its Byzantine influence. It is worth seeing the Late Romanesque frescoes.
The church S. Johann in Taufers is open every day from June to October.
Follow the sign-posting Tubre in Val Monastero/Taufers im Münstertal. The church is at the village entrance on the right side. A parking place is in on the left side.