, the village on the border, experienced a similar fate to that of nearby old Curon
. Although its name dates back to a historic farmstead in the area and, like old Curon, most of old Resia was submerged under water, when the artificial lake was created in 1950. Today, the new village of Resia is located up on the Pass itself, at a height of 1,508 meters, connecting Austrian Tyrol with South Tyrol. Since Roman times, the Resia Pass has been an important milestone on the north – south road
crossing the Alps. Nowadays, Resia is a highly active center, located on the border with Austria and Switzerland.