is best known for its Romanesque bell tower
that emerges from Lake Resia
and passersby are understandably curious about its history. This steeple, dating back to 1355, indicates that there once was a village down below. The last inhabitants of old Curon were forcibly ejected in 1950 just a few days before water poured in to fill the Resia artificial lake reservoir and the new Curon was relocated on the shore of the large Lake Resia. The old cluster of farmhouses was replaced by a new village, scattered along the shores of the lake, which in recent years has become a center for winter tourism.
The local museum is particularly notable, with guided tours in summer, including the Gothic Church of St. Anna. From the hill where the church is located, there is a fantastic view over the lake in all its different aspects.